Awards and Trophies
National Championship Stake
To the Winner:
- The title of "National Springer Spaniel Field Champion"
- The title of "Field Champion"
- The Field and Stream Sterling Silver Challenge Trophy
- The Sterling silver Prescott Challenge Trophy
- The Trophy for Permanent Possession
- The Sterling Silver Saighton's Sizzler Challenge Trophy donated by John M. Olin.
- The Evelyn Monte Memorial Trophy presented by the Ladies Spaniel Field Trial Club of Greater Newark and Friends of Evelyn Monte to the First Place Dog and Owner. This is a perpetual tropy to be awarded annually at the National Open Championship.
- The Talbot Radcliffe Sterling Silver Cup. A perpetual trophy to be awarded annually to the breeder of the winning dog.
- Special AKC Rosette with Medals
For Second, Third and Fourth Place Winners:
- Trophies for permanent possession
- Special AKC Rosettes with Medals
For the Best Performance by a dog handled by an Amateur, provided the dog completes all series of the trial:
- Special AKC Rosette with Medal
- The Heather Challenge Trophy awarded to the best amateur handler. To win the amateur must have placed first, second, third or fourth or received a certificate of merit. The Dansmirth Trophy was retired in 2011 by John Hall handling the same dog, Heather. In 2016 Jeff Miller retired the Heather Trophy and redonated it as a perpetual trophy.
The William E. & Patricia K. Lane Memorial Trophy (silver) presented by the Southern Michigan Springer Spaniel Training Club, Inc., is to be awarded to the best amateur handler in the National Championship. To qualify the amateur handler must place first, second, third, fourth or be awarded a certificate of merit. This is to be a perpetual trophy with no permanent possession. Each year the name of the winning handler and a date awarded is to be engraved on the reverse side of the trophy, is to remain in his or her custody for one year, to then be returned for presentation the following year at the National Championship.
Gunner's Trophy for the dog, in the judgement of the guns, "the dog they would most like to hunt over". Donated by essft.com
Standard AKC Rosettes to all placing Dogs
Trophy for permanent possession to all placing Dogs
* Dogs must have been awarded three points since November 26, 2016 to qualify for entry. Dogs earning their qualifying points in a trial held between October 29, 2017 and November 4, 2017 will be allowed to enter the trial only if their entry is received by e-mail no later than 6 p.m. MST on November 4, 2017. The entries should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . The running order may be adjusted at this time to accommodate the late entries. Payment for these entries must be received prior to the start of the trial.
Entry fees will be refunded for scratches due to females in season, injury or illness with a veterinarian’s letter, death and at the discretion of the field trial committee.