The 2018 English Springer Spaniel National Open Championship
Cambridge, Maryland | December 10, 2018 to conclusion
Field Trial Chairman
FT Secretary and Treasurer
Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada
STAKES, SCHEDULE AND ENTRY FEES
National Championship Open Stake $235.00
8:00 a.m. Monday, December 10, 2018
ENTER ONLINE AT WWW.HUNTSECRETARY.COM OR MAIL ADVANCE ENTRIES WITH CHECKS PAYABLE TO NESSFTA TO:
National Open Field Trial Secretary
10220 WCR 1
Longmont, CO 80504
Note: If shipping via UPS or FedEx mark "No Signature Required"
ENTRIES WILL CLOSE WITH THE FIELD TRIAL SECRETARY AT:
6:00 P.M. (MST) Saturday November 22, 2018
Dogs must have been awarded three points since INSERT DATE to qualify for entry. Dogs earning their qualifying points in a trial held between INSERT DATE and INSERT DATE will be allowed to enter the trial only if their entry is received by e-mail no later than 6 p.m. MST on Saturday, November 22, 2018.
The running order may be adjusted at this time to accommodate the late entries. Payment for these entries must be received prior to the start of the trial.
DRAWING WILL TAKE PLACE AT:
10220 WCR 1, Longmont, CO 80504
7:00 P.M. (MST), Saturday, November 22, 2018
Note: This page was updated on Thursday, August 9, 2018 with the information we received to date. We will post on Facebook when updates to this page have been made.
Running Order/Call Backs (Placeholder)
(Placeholder for Chairman's Welcome Letter)
This Field Trial is held under Rules and Procedures of the American Kennel Club.
OPEN TO ANY ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIEL SIX MONTHS OF AGE OR OVER WHICH HAS EVER PLACED FIRST IN THE NATIONAL OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP STAKE FOR ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS, OR WHICH IN THE PRECEDING YEAR PLACED SECOND OR, THIRD IN THE NATIONAL OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP STAKE FOR ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS, OR WHICH DURING THE PERIOD FROM INSERT DATE UNTIL THE CLOSE OF ENTRIES FOR THIS STAKE HAS EITHER PLACED FIRST, SECOND OR EARNED THREE POINTS IN OPEN ALL-AGE STAKES AT A.K.C. LICENSED OR MEMBER FIELD TRIALS
Thank you for Volunteering!
Committee Members - Billy Akkouris, Ralph Botti, Jeff Brooks, John Bruggeman, Jim Keller, Paul McGagh , Mhari Peschel, Gary Wilson
Gun Co-Captains - Johnny Castellani and John Meyer
Marshals - Deb Olsczewski, Chief Marshal
Awards and Trophies
National Open Championship Stake
To the Winner:
- The title of "National Springer Spaniel Field Champion"
- The title of "Field Champion"
- The Field and Stream Sterling Silver Challenge Trophy
- The Sterling silver Prescott Challenge Trophy
- The Trophy for Permanent Possession
- The Sterling Silver Saighton's Sizzler Challenge Trophy donated by John M. Olin.
- The Evelyn Monte Memorial Trophy presented by the Ladies Spaniel Field Trial Club of Greater Newark and Friends of Evelyn Monte to the First Place Dog and Owner. This is a perpetual tropy to be awarded annually at the National Open Championship.
- The Talbot Radcliffe Sterling Silver Cup. A perpetual trophy to be awarded annually to the breeder of the winning dog.
- Special AKC Rosette with Medals
For Second, Third and Fourth Place Winners:
- Trophies for permanent possession
- Special AKC Rosettes with Medals
For the Best Performance by a dog handled by an Amateur, provided the dog completes all series of the trial:
- Special AKC Rosette with Medal
- The Heather Challenge Trophy awarded to the best amateur handler. To win the amateur must have placed first, second, third or fourth or received a certificate of merit. The Dansmirth Trophy was retired in 2011 by John Hall handling the same dog, Heather. In 2016 Jeff Miller retired the Heather Trophy and redonated it as a perpetual trophy.
The William E. & Patricia K. Lane Memorial Trophy (silver) presented by the Southern Michigan Springer Spaniel Training Club, Inc., is to be awarded to the best amateur handler in the National Championship. To qualify the amateur handler must place first, second, third, fourth or be awarded a certificate of merit. This is to be a perpetual trophy with no permanent possession. Each year the name of the winning handler and a date awarded is to be engraved on the reverse side of the trophy, is to remain in his or her custody for one year, to then be returned for presentation the following year at the National Championship.
Gunner's Trophy for the dog, in the judgement of the guns, "the dog they would most like to hunt over". Donated by ESSFT.COM
Club Dues $75
4:00 PM Wednesday, December 9th at the Holiday Inn Express,
2715 Ocean Gateway, Cambridge, MD 21613
(Placeholder for Agenda and supporting documents)
2017 MEETING MINUTES FROM NOC SECRETARY:
Official NOC 2017 Delegates Meeting Minutes
Support the Nationals!
National Advertising Order Form 2018
Clothing and Merchandise
Support the Nationals!
Thank YOU for YOUR support!